Septic tanks are often rented by landlords and property managers to dispose of their tenant’s wastewater. Over time, fecal coliform bacteria can build up in the tank, causing a bad odor that can be offensive to neighbors. In some cases, the buildup of bacteria can lead to an infestation of maggots or other insects that can damage the tank and leaking pipes.
There are a number of ways to treat a septic tank. The most common approach is to add lime or clay to the tank, which will help to break down the bacterial build-up and reduce the odor. Another option is to install an aerator in the tank, which will mix water and air and help to break down the bacteria.
In some cases, it may be necessary to replace the entire septic system. If you’re considering this option, be sure to contact a professional engineer or sewage treatment contractor to see if it’s feasible and affordable.
Last update: 2022-05-28 // Source: Amazon Affiliates
HOW TO CHOOSE BEST Septic Tank Treatment 2020
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best Septic Tank Treatment 2020 for your home will vary depending on the specific situation. However, some tips to help you select a suitable treatment option include doing your research, considering your budget and needs, and consulting with a professional.
BEST Septic Tank Treatment 2020 QUICK FEATURES
1. Drano Max Gel Drain Clog Remover and Cleaner for Shower or Sink Drains, Unclogs and Removes Hair, Soap Scum, Blockages, 80 oz
- Formulated thick to dissolve the tough clogs fast
- Cuts through standing water straight to the clog
- Safe on PVC, metal pipes, garbage disposals and septic systems
- More than just a hair clog remover - guaranteed to work or your money back
- Removes and cleans clogs in all bathtubs, showers, and sinks
2. DUDE Wipes Flushable Wet Wipes Dispenser, Mint Chill, 288 Count (Pack of 6) Scented Wet Wipes with Vitamin-E, Aloe, Eucalyptus & Tea Tree Oils, Septic and Sewer Safe
- BILLIONS OF BUTTS WIPED: We make flushable wipes—billions of 'em—assembled right here in the USA. We started this hole revolution against toilet paper from our apartment and now wipe over 1 billion butts every year. So join us. You'll have never felt so fresh after that morning coffee
- FEEL THE MINT CHILL: We swear it's just like a breath mint for your butt. These super chill wipes are made with 99% water and plant-based ingredients like eucalyptus, mint, and tea tree oils. So go ahead, tell your friends, you officially have the freshest butt in the game
- FLUSHABLE & 100% PLANT SOURCED FIBERS: Our flushable wipes are made with plastic free and plant sourced fibers. Unlike baby wipes, DUDE Wipes are sewer and septic-safe and begin to break down when flushed. Say goodbye to toilet paper and say hello to DUDE flushable wet wipes for the whole family
- EXTRA LARGE FLUSHABLE WIPES: When it comes to flushable wipes, size matters. And we're big. Up to 35% larger than the other guys. Because nobody wants a little wipe after a big burrito
- IT'S TIME TO QUIT TOILET PAPER: C'mon, you're better than that scratchy sandpaper. We promise once you try DUDE Wipes you'll never go back. Designed for a clean, more refreshing feeling than toilet paper, our plush wet wipes come in sleek dispenser packs that fit perfectly on your throne
4. Camco TST Ultra-Concentrated Orange Citrus Scent RV Toilet Treatment Drop-Ins, Formaldehyde Free, Breaks Down Waste And Tissue, Septic Tank Safe, 30-Pack (41183)
- Essential for RV Black Water Holding Tanks: Eliminates odors and helps break down waste and tissue in your RV's black water holding tank
- Ultra-Concentrated Formula: The toughest odor stopper; just one drop-in treats up to a 40-gallon tank
- Not Made with Bronopol: Does not contain the toxic, formaldehyde-releasing ingredient bronopol
- Safe for All Septic Tanks: Drop-Ins are RV and marine approved and are 100% biodegradable
- Great Smell: Fresh citrus scent
- Quantity: 30 drop-ins/container
- No.1 Brand in septic system treatment (based on National Nielsen data)
- Helps prevent septic backups by continuously breaking down household waste (along with occasional pumping)
- Pre-measured, easy-to-use dissolvable pouches that are safe for use in pipes and tanks
- Natural bacteria and advanced enzymes start working immediately to break down paper, protein, oils and grease
- 1 Pouch of our powerful concentrated formula is 1 monthly dose for septic tanks between 700-1500 gallons. To use, just place a pouch in your toilet and flush
Septic tank treatment products are designed to break down and remove waste from a septic system. This process can help to prevent backup and ensure that the system is functioning properly. Products may also help to improve the smell and appearance of a septic system.